Combi Boiler Inconsistently Firing

Old 05-09-06, 04:00 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Combi Boiler Inconsistently Firing

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my combi boiler. It rarely fires up when trying to run hot water, unless we switch the boiler to the heating & water setting. Obviously, now the summer is approaching we don't want to have to turn the heating on every time we need hot water for a bath. Unfortunately this doesn't always work anyway, as the boiler has a tendency to fire up for a couple of minutes before switching back off (although the pilot light is still lit) meaning the water goes back to being cold.

Bath times have become a right pain - turning the heating on, then running up and down the stairs checking the bath is hot and the boiler is still functioning.

Can anyone offer some clues as to what it could be?

Thanks.

Old 05-09-06, 04:21 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Dez
Hi,

I'm having a problem with my combi boiler. It rarely fires up when trying to run hot water, unless we switch the boiler to the heating & water setting. Obviously, now the summer is approaching we don't want to have to turn the heating on every time we need hot water for a bath. Unfortunately this doesn't always work anyway, as the boiler has a tendency to fire up for a couple of minutes before switching back off (although the pilot light is still lit) meaning the water goes back to being cold.

Bath times have become a right pain - turning the heating on, then running up and down the stairs checking the bath is hot and the boiler is still functioning.

Can anyone offer some clues as to what it could be?

Thanks.

Hi what brand Combi do you have? It would seem you have the dipswitch setting set to the 30 second instead of the 3 minute option if it is Baxi. Let us know what you have (Make, Model, Etc.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: