No heat

Old 06-13-06, 07:50 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No heat

I recently replaced and added some baseboard heat to my basement and replaced the copper pipes with Onyx. I have completed the soddering and have tied the feed and returns to the boiler. When I turn the heat on the water does not seem to circulate to all the baseboard units. The system has shut-off valves on both the feed and return ends of the heating system so not sure if I have to do some bleeding to get the air out. The return also has a faucet just above the pump. I am a novice at this so not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Old 06-13-06, 11:38 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hot2cool

In opening up the system to replace and add on you have drained the water from the system.Boilers are a closed loop system, so you will need to bleed the air out that you introduced. What you will need to do is with the boiler shut OFF (this is to prevent shocking of the system) close the valve right above the circulator, hitch a washing machine hose to the drain right above the shut off, put the other end into a 5 gallon bucket so you can see whats coming out. Run the water out the drain into the bucket till you no longer see air bubbles coming with the water. Repeat this for each of your zones and that should take care of your problem provided you didnt tie any of your baseboards into infinate loop which would mean they dont come back to the boiler at all . After all zones are bled turn your burner switch back on and test run each zone.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: