adding more baseboard

Old 06-26-06, 06:48 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question adding more baseboard

I would like to add some more baseboard to my bathroom. I built the addition about 20 years ago, which includes a laundry room and bathroom. The bathroom is about 6 x 15. These two rooms are seperated from the rest of the house by a normal doorway. The rooms are cold during the winter months(I live in northern NH.). The main part of the house is open. I use to have one zone for the whole house. Two years ago I had a seperate zone installed for the new addition. The rooms are warmer but I am using more fuel. Last year I had a new furnace put in. A system 2000. I now have 3 zones. Main floor, upstairs and bathroom. I would like to add another section of baseboard in the bathroom to give me more heat. My question is will the slantfin 30 be sufficient? My system consist of 1/2 inch piping throughout the house, except in the bathroom where it is 3/4 inch pipe. How do I bleed the air from the system. I do not have any bleeders on the system.

Old 06-26-06, 05:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
Adding baseboard

I suggest you call your installer & express your concerns over the lack of heat in the bath. With it being on a zone of it's own, adding a few feet of baseboard should not be a big deal if re-routing the pipe isn't to difficult.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: