Boiler heating problem

Old 08-05-06, 01:56 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Boiler heating problem

Ive got a really oldschool boiler, and on my third floor the two radiators arent getting hot in the winter, i know how to fix the problem on new radiators, where you just switch the pump from pulling water from the radiators to pushing water to them, and putting in a new water and air tank, the tank thats sitting by the boiler to one with a bladder seperating the air and water, i would try the same with my old boiler, but since its not a new boiler im not too sure how to fix it, it might be the same thing i have to do, but im not sure. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 08-05-06, 07:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
Heat problem

Do you have enough pressure on the boiler to get the water to the third floor rads? If you are less than 20# try increasing the pressure to about that level. You may have to bleed the air from the rads. Make sure all valves are open.

Old 08-06-06, 11:42 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ok, ill have to check the pressure, but i bled the rads every couple days or so and the problem persisted.

Old 08-08-06, 08:31 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Although it could be a problem of low system pressure it sounds like a classic case of the circulator being installed incorrectly.

Has this problem always existed? Just how old is the system? Where is the current expansion tank connected in relation to the circulator discharge?

There is absolutely no reason that you cannot install a bladder tank and disconnect the existing expansion tank although I think that the point of connection of the current tank is more likely the problem than the type of expansion tank.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: