Zone Control Valve

Old 08-24-06, 12:50 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Zone Control Valve

Dear Sirs,
Are the heads of a Taco zone control valve interchangeable with a Sparco zone control valve? I installed Sparco ZCVs years ago in my own house because I met a good salesman. I've had nothing but problems. Out of seven zones, I have replaced four of them with Tacos and they are working fine. I have a Sparco ZCV beginning to give me trouble. If I could just replace the head , it would save me a lot of work. This is a normal house application. Thanks Joe A

Old 08-24-06, 03:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 39 Upvotes on 37 Posts
Zone valve

I looked up Sparco zone valves on the web & the pictures don't even vaguely resemble a Taco.

Old 08-24-06, 05:59 PM
Unhappy Sparco Zone Valves

You've piqued my interest. I am installing some Grundfos PowerZones which I think are identical to the Sparco PowerTrack models. I had used the Taco valves with the wax expansion motor heads, but I managed to burn up several heat anticipators in my stats, and I had problems with the end switches becoming intermittent over a few years. Can you let me know what issues you had with the Sparco's? I guess I should have gone with Eries like I was advised to do.

Pete

Old 08-24-06, 06:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Zone valves

Joe A,
In general I dislike zone valves period but when I have to use them, I use nothing but Honeywell. Once in a while I have to replace a motor but that is a 5 minute job. Other than the occasional motor, I have had zero trouble with them.

Old 11-14-08, 07:13 PM
H
Hi Grady,
Could you recall for me what problems you had with the sparco?
Trouble I'm having is that one valve won't shut, which I've determined to be fault of the motor unable to overcome it's own friction. The other one... valve will not open.
Shouldn't I be able to press on the stud in the valve body to allow fluid to flow?
It appears that honeywell makes the sparco valve now. I've downloaded the honeywell spec/install pdf and the valves are referred to as the power track motorized zone valve. This bulletin was effective 7/1/2000 and contains a replacment chart which shows the replacment valve for sparcozone 520.
This is a job existing building with 6-8 different zone for underfloor radiant hydronic heating.

Old 11-15-08, 04:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sparco

I have zero experience with Sparco zone valves. In fact I don't think I've ever seen one.
Since the post to which you replied (Aug. 2006) I have had some trouble with Honeywell's end switches.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: