Bad Flame sensor???? Help!

Old 09-21-06, 10:08 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bad Flame sensor???? Help!

I have a Weil-McClain AHE older boiler unit. I have replaced the gas valve, flame sensor, igniter and control module 2 years ago. I can't get the burners to light! The blower comes on, and the pilot lights but the igniter keeps sparking and my burners never light. I think it may be the flame sensor ...I tried cleaning it (sanding) but that didn't help. I have checked all the safetys (unhooked vacuum, wires etc to track down what else may be wrong) but everything seems to be working fine. I had heat last winter and everything worked great. Do the flame sensors just go bad in 2 years? WHat would make it go out or not work?? Could it be something else that I may have overlooked? Before I go blow 60 bucks on a new flame sensor please let me know if it may be something else! Thanks!

Old 09-21-06, 06:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Flame sensor

Other than a dirty flame rod, the most common cause of your type of trouble is a bad ground. Remove the pilot assembly and clean where it mounts. Clean both the base of the pilot assembly & where it mounts on the burner rack. Also make sure all other ground connections are clean & tight.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: