No heat

Old 09-28-06, 10:23 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No heat

I have an older oil hot water system with five zones, this past april I renovated the first floor bathroom. I had to remove the baseboard radiator and reinstall it now I have no heat. I don't no to much about this system other then about 3 or 4 feet past each zone valve there is a small thumb type gate valve and right next to that there is a hose bib. I turned the heater on and the pipes in the basement get hot and I can here water trickling through the pipes, but there's no heat. There is about 17 # of pressure in the boiler the exspansion tank seems to be empty. There is an automatic fill valve of some sorts on top of the heater which looks fairly new,the handle is in the down position. I would like to bleed the system but i'm not sure on how to do it.Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Whitey!

Old 09-28-06, 04:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Whitey

As the saying goes; "A picture is worth a thousand words". If you can take some pictures of the near boiler piping, post them on photobucket (or similar photo hosting site) & provide a link here, I will be far better able to help you.
I think those thumb valves & hose bibs to which you refer are for purging but I'm not sure. I think if you close the valve & open the hose bib you can force the air out of the system. Pics will help a bunch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: