New boiler won't fire.

Old 10-08-06, 05:18 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New boiler won't fire.

Hi all. Great forum here and TIA!

I had a Utica MGB 100 Hydronic system installed last spring, and had the electric hooked up just this week. The boiler turns on, I have a pilot, and the pumps all circulate (3 zone system). The thermostats run to a Taco SR-504. The only problem is the water in the system is cold and burners don't fire. There is no noise like they are even trying to fire. What could be the problem?

Any help or ideas??

J.R.

Old 10-08-06, 07:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
New Boiler

Here is a link to Utica's MGB boilers where you can download the installation & operation manual as well as a couple of service bulletins:
http://www.uticaboilers.com/product_detail.asp?key=33

Since this is a new boiler, installed by others, presumably professionals, I suggest you contact them. They really should do the initial start up anyway. Things like gas pressure need to be checked as well as a proper combustion analysis.

Old 10-08-06, 08:10 PM
J
Thanks, I have the manuals, and have found no answers in them. I tried adjusting the gas pressure, but that didn't change anything. I may have had a less than scrupulous installer, I have been unable to reach him, he has changed his number. Is it normal for the gas pressure valve to need to be opened after it is installed? I was reluctant to open it all the way in case that wasn't the problem.

Old 10-08-06, 08:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Gas Pressure

STOP NOW:
Turn off the gas & the power to the boiler. You may have created a dangerous situation.
If you have to, pay someone else to startup your boiler. Be sure to tell him/her about your making adjustments.

Old 10-10-06, 06:19 PM
Danger Indeed J.r.

IF its not to late J.R. Turn off the main gas feed to the boiler and do NOT attempt to trouble shoot it your self. Please don,t take this the wrong way,BUT..the questions you have asked so far about fireing your boiler shows that you have already entered into a very dangerous situation. Not meant to wrong you for asking help. But when it comes to any gas fired unit, when it will not run with all its proper controls in place, it is telling you for safty reasons it will not allow the primary gas feed to flow and ignite. THIS is for complete safety. If you trouble shoot in the direction you are heading...you may end with just a cellar hole or serious injury. Call a gas heat serviceman,...The per hour cost for him to come out will be less than the cost of a gas explosion. Good luck and again...you did your best, but you need a pro at this point.
Silver_Eagle

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: