Balancing Zones

Old 10-10-06, 07:15 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Balancing Zones

I have three zone hydronic system. One zone (smallest) is a hobby/computer room, around 220 square feet, with about 30 or so feet of fin tube for heating. The circulator for all three zones is a Taco 007. Main house is about 1300 square feet (largest zone, CI baseboard), and the second largest zone is about 400 square feet with a mix of CI baseboard and some fin tube at the start of the supply feed where the water is hottest. Only priority is for the DHW indirect.

Should I play with the zone balancing adjustments on the valves to reduce the flow rate on the smaller zones? I'm using Grundfos zone valves, which I think are rebadged Sparco/Honeywell Powertracks. Previously I had two circulators, one for the main house, and a second one for the smaller zones with Taco heat-motor zone valves. Everything worked in the past without doing anything to balance the zones, but this is a new system. Any suggestions on what to try for initial settings?

Pete

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-06, 07:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Balancing

As a wise man once said; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Let it go for a while then if you find a gross imbalance, we can address that issue when it comes up.