Problem with zone 3 on baseboard hot water boiler

Old 10-19-06, 12:56 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problem with zone 3 on baseboard hot water boiler

First off thanks for providing these forums. They helped me with a few previous problems.

I have a 3 zone, I guess 4 zone because the water heater is a seperate zone on the system, hot water boiler system that heats my home. I prevoiusly had a problem and had to purge zone 1 and 3 to get heat running in baseboards. I had well pump problems and I dont think the water was being made up.

Everything seemed to be running smoothly until I checked zone 3. There wasn't any water circulating in that zone. I took apart the Taco circulator and air was trapped in the circulator. I induced water to the circulator and everything ran fine for a day. I checked the zone on the second day and it had air trapped in the circulator again. Zone 3 looks like it was added later. There isn't a flow-check nor a air bleed in the zone.

My question is if I added an air bleed at the high point will this help resolve my problem? or could my circulator need cleaning or replacement?

Thanks for any input. I can provide more information of pictures if needed to understand my situation.

Old 10-19-06, 04:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Pics

Pictures are always welcome & usually a big help. You can post them on photobucket or similar site & provide a link here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: