stats for outdoor reset?

Old 10-22-06, 06:06 PM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
stats for outdoor reset?

Asked this elsewhere, but I'll toss it out here, too. I have a Revolution with tekmar 260 on a two zone circ system serving fin-tube. What are the favored 2-wire, battery t-stats for a basic outdoor reset system? Any virtue in the "adaptive recovery" stats vs. just a straight programmable? Other features to seek, avoid or en/disable, such as t-stat-based cycle determination?

We set back 4-5F between 9pm-5am for comfortable sleeping. Otherwise hold 68F. Opted not to install the indoor sensor for the tekmar as there's not a location that would be representative of both zones, particularly during daylight due to unequal solar gain.

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-22-06, 07:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Stats

Never used them with outdoor reset but in general I've had very good luck with White-Rodgers digital stats. As you know, I'm not a big fan of set back stats with hydronic systems. Recovery time is just too long but with the small set back you are using & if the bedroom(s) are on a zone of their own, the set backs are OK. I don't believe the adaptive recovery is worth the paper (or circuit board) on which it is written. The only way they work well is when the system can compare indoor & outdoor temps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: