Peerless vs. others

Old 10-24-06, 08:57 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Peerless vs. others

As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm in the market for a new oil-fired boiler and really have no idea whats good and whats not. Salesman has given me three to choose from - Weil Mclain Ultra, Crane Freeport CT and Buderus G215. Are there any others that I should be looking at? What about Peerless Pinnacle, for example? How does that compare in performance and price?

Can/should I mix and match components from different manufacturers, or should I buy the complete package from a single manufacturer?

Old 10-25-06, 01:20 PM
H
Hey Orangie

I talked about the other boilers, and the sound level, and I saw the Pinnacle at a trade show in operation, and it brings new meening to quiet, the rep demonstating it to us had his hand on the cabinet, and told us when the burner started and then when the burner fired, we could not hear it. We also saw it running at 99.2% combustion efficiancy at low water temp, never did the boiler drop below 96%. This boiler differs from other condensing boilers in that it does not have a secondary heat exchanger that can clog with combustion products from standard sulfer fuel.

Disadvantages: VERY expensive, and only available up to about 80-90,000 btuh. Also, VERY tall, this is a downfired boiler (burner on top) and you will be the first person on youre block, in youre county, mabey in youre state to own one!

Last edited by Hello; 10-25-06 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-25-06, 02:59 PM
O
Well, I don't own one yet and since you used caps in VERY expensive, I probably wont own one in the future either! BTW, how expensive is VERY expensive?

Old 10-25-06, 03:50 PM
H
Not sure but I guess it could add $2000 to youre quotes, but in the big scheme of things that's only about 1/2% of the value of your'e home and having such an efficient piece could easily raise the value of your'e home 5%, and being about 10% more efficient than the closest competitors would save you mabey 100gals, or $300 this year, or 5 year payback. The savings become shorter as the price of oil increases.

Old 10-25-06, 03:58 PM
H
Originally Posted by orangie
Can/should I mix and match components from different manufacturers, or should I buy the complete package from a single manufacturer?
Make sure the Burner/Boiler package come together, the indirect water heater can come from another manufacturer

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: