How does BASO unit work?

Old 10-31-06, 07:23 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How does BASO unit work?

Have an old steam boiler. Plumber replaced the main burner control valve and several other things --- including the thermocouple and Baso unit (L62AA). I am now on my second BASO unit, and wonder if there is some incompatibility or improper adjustmen going on.
When the thermostat calls for heat, the main valve kicks on for a variable period of time, but almost always only for a few seconds before it drops out again.
Does anyone know of a site where I can find a schematic or description of the operation of the simple series device so I can really troubleshoot this system --- instead of just swapping out thermocouples and safety shutoffs?
Thanks,
Rick

Old 10-31-06, 08:04 AM
Those should last for years. How often are you changing them out ?? The thermocouple should at least go a few years.

You'll have to copy and paste this link into a browser. http://www.baso.com/pdfs/catalog/BASOcatalog5.pdf

Old 11-01-06, 05:51 AM
B
Safety shutoff should last for years

Yes, I agree that the Baso unit should last for years. The plumber replaced the new one within a month at the end of last winter, and now this winter, I am having the same problem. So I want to know exactly how it is supposed to work, so that I can figure out for myself what is wrong.
Fick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: