Boiler replacement question

Old 12-07-06, 01:47 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Boiler replacement question

Good morning all. I am going to be replacing my boiler this spring and have some questions.

First off brand. I think I have narrowed it down to a Buderus, Burnham, Crown or Peerless. I'm leaning toward the Buderus with the Logmatic and Riello Burner.

The house is approx 2200 Sq/ft colonial on Long Island. I ran a Slant fin whole house heat loss yesterday and came up with 43000BTU/Hr. I also have a 40 Gal Weil Mclain Gold Indirect water heater.

What do you all like out of my options. I want something that is very efficient and will last a long time. Also is it possible for someone who is handy, myself, to do the bulk of the install and then have a pro come and fine tune the unit? I have done my fair share of basic plumbing work and I would like to do this if it dosen't affect warranty.

Thank you all for reading and any inputs you may have. I would also like any recommendations for a neat, meticulous pro in Suffolk County who may be able to do the work for me if I cant.

Also the house is approx half radiant floor heat and half baseboard.

Thanks
John

Last edited by JohnnyH; 12-07-06 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-08-06, 05:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
New boiler

The Buderus with the Logamatic & Riello is an excellent choice. The indirect is almost assuredly the largest load & needs to be taken into account when sizing the boiler. You really need to do the heat loss on a room by room basis as well. This will tell you if you are presently over or under radiated in any given room. When mixing system types (radiant floor & baseboard) requires a good bit more planning & attention to detail than does a single type. I encourage you to enlist the services of an experienced pro to help guide you. It's a whole lot easier & cheaper to do it right the first time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: