Buderus Shutting Down

Old 01-05-07, 05:56 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Buderus Shutting Down

Hi Guys, just had a brand new Buderus installed over the summer and for the 2nd time now it has shut down. I didn't pay much attention the first time but this time I carefully documented the situation. The Logamatic read heating err and the burner flame icon was on. When I took the burner cover off the green light was flashing 2 sec on/ 2 sec off. This indicated that it was in recycle mode. As soon as I reset the burner it kicked on. I reset the Logamatic right after because it still had the heating error message on it. I did just pipe a 4" PVC fresh air intake into the burner box but this also happened before I had done this. My installer will gladly come out on monday but I get curious with this kind of stuff and there is no better place I have found to get the answers than here. As always thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-07, 07:02 PM
Need more info

Oil? Beckett burner? That is what I gather but you should confirm before we start diagnosing. Look closely at the fuel system if it is oil and describe it to us from tank to burner when you elaborate on the rest of the details.

Ken

Old 01-05-07, 07:59 PM
C
Sorry Ken, it is oil fired w/ Beckett burner. It is a single pipe from the oil tank to a Gerber filter and then into the Beckett.

Old 01-06-07, 12:16 PM
B
If it was in recycle you wouldn't have been able to reset it. It would have stayed in recycle mode until the time elapsed (90 sec, I think) and then tried to fire again on it's own. It was in lockout if it fired when you reset it.
Most likely it was a "false lockout" if it fired back up and continued to operate normally. Most common reason for false lockout is the flame sensor resistance was too high. Could be a poor combustion issue. Could also be a defective or failing sensor. Needs a good oil burner tech to put hands on it and determine which.