Fuse problems on a Worcester Bosch

Old 01-09-07, 11:12 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Fuse problems on a Worcester Bosch

We've got a Worcester Bosch 28i combi that was installed within the last 3 yrs. Twice in the last few days, there's been a sharp bang from it and it's stopped operating.

It seems that there's a fuse on the board that has blown on both occasions. Rather than just replacing the fuse each time, I'd rather get to the bottom of the cause of it all.

Does anyone here have any ideas of what the problem might be to cause the blow-outs? Is it a regular issue with these boilers? Anything I can do to stop it happening again?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-07, 01:42 PM
A
The fuse is protecting the PCB from a faulty componant on the boiler. If it is intermittant like yours it can be difficult to identify. Check for any water on the pump, Fan etc or any other electrical connections. The only other way would be to change parts which could be causing it. I would start with the pump.

This is not typical of a Worchester as it can happen on any boiler.

Andy

Old 01-14-07, 12:26 PM
G
Thanks Andy. It's now blown 3 times within a week. Last time it happened, the engineer replaced the fan as being one of the usual suspects.

I'm now walking on egg-shells around the boiler in case it goes again - trying to keep 2 young kids warm without heating or hot water isn't always easy!!

Cheers.