Zone Valve gone?

Old 01-10-07, 09:58 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Zone Valve gone?

I have 3 zone system using Honeywell V8043E Zone Valves, the system is controlled by an Argo Industries ARM842DP with switching relays. Zone 2 which is the 1st floor switched on, oil burner came on then the switched off the relays were switching on and off 30- 40 in 10 seconds. I shut down the system, thinking it was the thermostat shorting out, I then thought it might one of the relays in the Argo I switched the 2 of them around and still the same problem. So I went back to the thermostat, I replaced the Thermostat with a new one and still the same problem, though this time the burner kicked on full for 3 or 4 seconds and then started to rapidly cycle on and off. Looking thru posts I see that the power head on the Honeywell Zone Valves occasionally go bad. So I'm thinking it may be the power head on the Valve. This particular Valve has it's wiring exposed, I knocked if off and forget to put back on. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gregory

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-07, 02:09 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Before replacing the Power Head, I turned on one of the other zones, the burner started and ran normally. While this was going on I turned up the temp on the problem zone and everything ran O.K., the valve opened up and there was no cycling of the burner off and on. I'm wondering if it could be the auxiliary switch built into the Power Head, that could be bad. Since the valve part is working O.K.
Thanks for the Help
Gregory

Old 01-12-07, 04:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 22 Votes on 20 Posts
Switch

The end switch is replaceable if you can find one. Search this forum & maybe the "oil & gas furnaces" forum as well. Someone recently found one & replaced it at far less than the cost of a new power head.