help bleeding ?

Old 01-16-07, 03:11 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
help bleeding ?

i recently had a leak in a return line from my hot water baseboard to my boiler ,i fixed that sucessfully,and bleed system..i get a pinging now and the baseboard on 1 zone is a little louder then usual..

I have 2 zones,both on the same level.I will try to explain my set up ,I hope someone understands.
Zone 1 on the return line back to the boiler I have a valve(hose bib,sill ****),then right under that valve is another valve that is just a half turn valve that shuts the flow off back to the boiler.
Zone 2 is the same set up.
So basically the way i bleed it is to have thermostat raised so circulator pump was running,I open valve on zone 1 ran hose into bucket,and closed the half turn valve that stops the flow into the boiler.I got plenty of air out ,and once i got a steady flow of water i closed valve and opened valve to boiler.I repeated same thing for zone 2

Now I am thinking that when the boiler was installed,the guy told me to open valve on zone one (sill ****),and close the half turn valve on zone 2.and then the opposite for zone 2.Also He showed me a switch on the bottom on the honeywell zone valve that i can switch from auto to open i think so that way the circulator pump would run...I could be mistaken with this info it was 6 years ago..
System is also auto water feed
I hope i made this clear enough for yous to understand,and I would appreciate any info anyone could give me..thanks

Last edited by thekid024; 01-16-07 at 03:18 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-16-07, 05:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Bleeding

The simplest way would be to leave both stats turned down & manually open the zone valve for the zone you want to bleed. Close all valves between the hose connection & the boiler except the one which feeds water to the system if it on the boiler side of the purge valves.

Old 01-17-07, 02:34 PM
T
thanks grady

Old 01-17-07, 06:44 PM
T
when the water temp gets to a boiling point.

if you have a restriction in your zones the water heats up because of lack of flow thru the zone and the water boils causing a pinging sound. make sure your valves are open,
Originally Posted by thekid024 View Post
i recently had a leak in a return line from my hot water baseboard to my boiler ,i fixed that sucessfully,and bleed system..i get a pinging now and the baseboard on 1 zone is a little louder then usual..

I have 2 zones,both on the same level.I will try to explain my set up ,I hope someone understands.
Zone 1 on the return line back to the boiler I have a valve(hose bib,sill ****),then right under that valve is another valve that is just a half turn valve that shuts the flow off back to the boiler.
Zone 2 is the same set up.
So basically the way i bleed it is to have thermostat raised so circulator pump was running,I open valve on zone 1 ran hose into bucket,and closed the half turn valve that stops the flow into the boiler.I got plenty of air out ,and once i got a steady flow of water i closed valve and opened valve to boiler.I repeated same thing for zone 2

Now I am thinking that when the boiler was installed,the guy told me to open valve on zone one (sill ****),and close the half turn valve on zone 2.and then the opposite for zone 2.Also He showed me a switch on the bottom on the honeywell zone valve that i can switch from auto to open i think so that way the circulator pump would run...I could be mistaken with this info it was 6 years ago..
System is also auto water feed
I hope i made this clear enough for yous to understand,and I would appreciate any info anyone could give me..thanks

Old 01-18-07, 10:18 AM
T
thanks turbo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: