Veil McLain VGO3 installed

Old 01-18-07, 06:54 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Veil McLain VGO3 installed

My old dinosaur broke down and I got Veil McLain VGO3 installed.
Have couple of issues already.
1) when starting and running, the boiler is as much noisy as my 20 year old NewYorker

2) found out, the draft damper is in wrong location on flue - according to the paperwork I found for it

3) the installer did not measure anything to make adustments on damper or anywhere else. Is the boiler and supplied Beckett burner already readjusted from the factory to run on its optimum?
Also, when I mentioned I may need to cut output down by changing to the smalller nozle, I was told it was too much work to readjust the whole thing back.

I just need to heat regular cape in Vermont ( also installed McLain indirect fired water heater - # 40)

Can somebody please tell me what steps should I follow to get maximum performance from my new investment?

Thanks a lot. Josef

Old 01-18-07, 10:09 AM
Who
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
1. Was it sold to you as a quieter boiler?

2. Contact the manufacturer (good luck with W-M) and see if they have issues with it's location. Have you made the final payment on this system?

3. What is your heatloss and what is the boiler rating? Downfiring is not always a safe option for all boilers. A combustion test should be done. Was this discussed before you started?

Can I guess that this contractor's price was the best?

Who will be servicing it? This contractor?

Old 01-18-07, 11:30 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
this was an emergency, old one suddenly stopped and the 10 beloww zerrow F was comming in 3 days.
So I got what I got and now I am trying to deal with it.
Just want to find out, what is reasonable to expect and what is standard procedure to put new boiler in. And of course I want it run as efficient as possible.

Old 01-18-07, 05:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
New Boiler

The heat loss for the house should be determined including the load for the indirect.

The boiler's firing rate should be adjusted accordingly. Being careful not to drop the firing rate below the manufacturer's minimum or above the maximum.

A complete combustion analysis should be performed & the burner adjusted for optimum efficiency.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: