help have no heat but have hot water

Old 01-27-07, 09:42 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
help have no heat but have hot water

I have an hb smith boiler from ??1943?? with hot water. My problem is the burner fires up to heat the water but will not fire up when I turn on the thermostat. Brand new thermostat honeywell ct87a 3 wires red white blue (series 20 wiring I think) also brand new rebuilt honeywell ??switching relay maybe?? L147A4k-03 The original aquastat L428BX1 (2 huge mercury bulbs inside) B&G circulator from the early 1940's. The problem is I looked everywhere on the web these things are so old its like they never even existed. I called honeywell thinking I wired the L147 box wrong they're more than useless. Everything says 115v for the current. The only thing I found was the 1943 boiler schemactic by searching the patent no. on the U.S. patent website but I couldn't understand it. Last year I ran out of oil but I primed it my self and assume I did it right because it comes on for hot water so other than that I'm lost can anyone help? The switching relay?? has a thermostat transformer and another transformer water maybe? 3 terminals 1,2,&3 I have black to 1 white to 2 and yellow to 3 it also has 2 r terminals 2 w terminals and 1 b terminal for my thermostat wires coming in and also going out to the oil burner. I tested my thermostat and there is power going to it. So ??? help me please...Thanks

Old 01-27-07, 01:21 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure what to tell you except you are giving very specific info about some very old & obsolete controls. What you really need is probably to send that setup packing and get a new system in there.
You probably didn't want to hear that, but then nobody usually does.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: