Steam radiators don't heat heated with vent valves on

Old 02-08-07, 10:51 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Steam radiators don't get heated with vent valves on

I have a couple radiators that do not get warm unless I take the vent valves off from the radiators. I try replacing these vent valves with new ones, but once I install them, the radiators stop getting any steam in them.

I purchased new vent valves for these radiators. According to their location in the bulding (they are located almost farthest away from the boiler), I got a couple of different brands (Dole quick vents and speed-o-matic "d"). Neither brand made any difference. Presently, I do not have any vents in these radiators in order for them to get steam. So far, they are getting steam but do not get extremely hot or spill water yet!

Any issues leaving these radiators without any vent valves??? Why would they get steam only when I take these vents out???

Last edited by jalvzz; 02-09-07 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-08-07, 05:52 PM
try replacing the vents on the radiators that are getting hot faster, to slow them down and let the system run longer. Also look for a main vent on the header/supply to those cold radiators.

Old 02-08-07, 08:36 PM
J
Thanks.
I am not sure what you mean by a main valve on these cold radiators. The only valves I can see are those that I have taken off (vent valves).

Can you explain what you mean by the main vent on the "header/supply" of the radiators.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: