New radiator - reasonable price?

Old 02-21-07, 06:46 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question New radiator - reasonable price?

I have steam heat in my house, with radiator units in each room. The house is old, so these radiator units are extremely old. The one in my kitchen - which is cast iron, approximate dimensions 20" (H) x 18" (W) x 8" (D) - broke & needs to be replaced. The plumber who checked it out & removed it just called me today with a price for a new unit of $520, which includes the labor/installation. I figure the plumber is obviously marking up the price on this unit, but I don't have a frame of reference to know by how much. It's very hard to find any prices for radiators on-line, so I'm having trouble finding a price for one that I can buy & just pay the plumber for the installation. So I have two questions:

(1) Does $520 (including labor) sound reasonable?
(2) Does anyone know a website or store on which I can research prices to buy a radiator myself?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-22-07, 08:07 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Do you have at all in your entire general area where you live, some outfit that is a used dealer of salvaged reclaimed sinks, cast iron tubs, old radiators, antique doors, leaded and bevel cut glass, etc. We have such a business here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: