new to radiant heat help!!!

Old 03-02-07, 09:14 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
new to radiant heat help!!!

hey i am planning on getting a listroid engine and run it 24/7 behind my garage i am fixing to build....i will have the heat from the engine so i figured i could heat my garage with it...here is my plan a thermostat on the engine when it opens water flows to a pump then hits a series of T with a few lines going through the concrete floor the water comes out of the floor to a radiator with a fan behind it thermostat on the water line (in the garage) to cool the water more and heat the air (floors dont cause much heatloss do they??) from there they go back outside it goes though the engine again..for summer time i can put a radiator outside and circulate though it bacause heat in garage is unnesssarry....i have no clue on running temps on these engines but it should be aleast 185 or 195..

anyone see any reason why this wouldnt work???? and what kind of tubing is best for concrete floors

Old 03-02-07, 10:49 AM
Who
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
Do you have a fairly good idea about how many BTUs of heat you'll get from the motor and how many BTUs you'll need to heat the floor at varying outdoor temps?

Old 03-02-07, 10:55 AM
M
no not really its going to be a 10x15garage insulated i am sure someone knows the math to figure it up...dont really expect this idea to keep it 72 degrees which would be nice but i think it would get it close enough where a inwall heater air conditioner could make it cozy to work...btw i am in northern TN winters during the harsh part stay around mid 30's during the day and 20's at night

Old 03-02-07, 10:59 AM
M
found a calualator max btu 2700 and min btu 1350 with tight insulation say i did a average insuation max 3900 min 1950

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: