add hot waterbaseboards

Old 03-19-07, 09:50 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool add hot waterbaseboards

I am adding two new finned base boards on the 2nd story level on the back side of a wall directly behind two radiators that are incased in the wall;it is a loop system that appears to be a single zone.I have the hydronic base boards in place ready to continue and link them into the system.I have run copper from the base boards and plan on using dielectric unions to connect to the steel pipe.In previous posts it was recomended that I size everything up witch I have done for sufficient heat.and now I am ready to connect(supply or return side ?).becouse the in wall rads are directly behind the new base boards I am assuming I can use the vents on the exsisting rads witch are obviously higher to bleed the air.I have a couple of photos of the weil-mclain boiler at http://www.flickr.com/photos/skotspics
how do I proceed?. Thank you

Old 03-19-07, 06:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
New Bsbd

Are you replacing the radiators with baseboad or putting the baseboard in series with the radiators? Is this a series loop or diverter (monoflo) tee system.

Old 03-19-07, 08:25 PM
C
adding base boards to system

I am adding the base boards to the system they will be just a couple a feet away from the in wall rads that are on the oppisit side of the wall.

with the base board on one side of the wall and the radiator on the other side of the wall . I will be putting them in series it is a loop system.Thank you,I will wait for some more info any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by curious-george; 03-19-07 at 08:31 PM. Reason: to clarify
Old 03-19-07, 08:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Pictures?

Any chance of getting some pics of your proposed installation? You can post them on photobucket.com or similar site & provide a link here. Without seeing what you are trying to do, I envision some complex piping.

Old 03-19-07, 09:08 PM
C
HIgh Grady Thank you very much.I did make a drawing of the way I plan on piping it,it is realy very simple & short.I hope the basic sketch explains it.
The pictures and sketch I have put at http://www.flickr.com/photos/skotspics.
Thanks again Ill wait to here back

Old 03-20-07, 04:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Did you try your own link yourself? It won't come up for me.

Old 03-20-07, 04:23 PM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Do it without the period at the end of the site posted right above yours. It works. .

Old 03-20-07, 06:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Thanks DIYaddict! Now everyone else here can also bring it up and get in on the action. I have to go home soon, so have it, everyone.

Old 03-20-07, 06:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
New Bsbd

Sorry I still don't understand how you are going to do it without having pipes crossing.

Old 03-20-07, 07:43 PM
C
looking for info

I am going to have the system supply go through the base board 1st then through the radiator and then back to the basement .What I really need to get is the proper procedure for shutting down the system( the manaul gives a pretty good idea) to add the new base board and then putting the little bit of water back in I will be removing befor I splice in and then how to most eficiantly bleed the air.
Thanks
nks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: