Combination boiler/hot water heater

Old 07-07-07, 06:58 AM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Combination boiler/hot water heater

I'm looking to replace my ancient (over 60 years old!) boiler with a high efficiency natural gas boiler. I'm looking at a couple models from Buderus, Baxi and New York Thermal. One option with the Baxi and New York Thermal boilers is to get combination units that would also include on demand domestic hot water. Does anyone have any experience with these kinds of units?

Old 07-07-07, 09:00 AM
Who
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How much space do you have for a tank?
How many people in the house?
How many multiple loads?

Old 07-07-07, 01:40 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Who View Post
How much space do you have for a tank?
How many people in the house?
How many multiple loads?
We do have space for the tank although I could definitely use the space for other things.

There are currently two people in the house and potentially up to two more. There is one and a half bathrooms although we may turn the half bathroom into a full bathroom.

We could live with having two people/things using hot water at a time... ie a shower and a dishwasher or the dishwasher and the clothes washer. Even with our current tank, I don't think I would try having a shower when both the dishwasher and clothes washer are going.

My biggest concern is if they are reliable.

Old 07-07-07, 03:55 PM
Who
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If your biggest concern is reliability, an indirect fired tank is the best way to go. It's easier to heat a tank of water than to heat a particular flow range of water. The heat loss out of any good indirect is very very small.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: