Tankless Loop / Flow Regulator

Old 07-08-07, 09:49 PM
E
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tankless Loop / Flow Regulator

Hi,

I'm installing an Burnham V8 series boiler with a front tankless loop. In the manual, as part of the install, it requires a mixing valve, and a flow regulator. I have purchased a Taco 5000 series mixing valve, but I'm not quite sure what I should buy for the flow regulator. Since it's in the manual, I assume it's required? I understand why it's there, but I'm not quite sure what will do the job. I prefer something that will sweat, and is 3/4".

I am referring to page 39 of this pdf: http://www.usboilerco.com/pdfs/CurrentPDFfiles/V8_I&O.pdf

Thanks

Old 07-09-07, 08:31 PM
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
The flow restricor is required if the flow through the coil is too great. The mixing valve is required but the flow restrictor may not be. If needed the flow restrictor must match the coil flow rate. The restrictor keeps from overdrawing the coil to verify you do not run out of hot water.The distributor where the boiler was purchased can assist you with the brand they carry. The control settings are also important. Set the high and low at least 20f apart. For example 150 low and 170f high. Do not exceed 190 low and 210 high. The diff should be as high as it goes which is 25f

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: