Weil McLain P-368-WT Leaking

Old 10-16-07, 06:49 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Weil McLain P-368-WT Leaking

Hi All,
First timer here. I just bought a house with a Weil McLain P-368-WT Oil burner. Lived here about 2 weeks now. Boiler seemed to be fine and then one morning i was in the basement and i found alot of water on the floor coming from the boiler.
After inspecting the boiler i found that water was leaking out from the bottom of the firebox and dripping onto the floor. not running out but dripping. looking in the fire chamber i could see that it was wet. after about 2 hours of looking at every pipe i could find none that was leaking, and then suddenly the next morning it was dry.
At first i thought that the water had gotten there from the chimney as we had 3 days of rain ( heavy at times) But now it has been about 4 days of good weather and it is still leaking intermittently.
Any ideas, any help would be great. I would really hate to have to buy a new burner, and do not know how i could money wise. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-07, 03:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Leak

A leaking Weil-McLain does not surprise me in the least. There is a very good chance one of the "elastomeric seals" aka rubber O-rings, between the boiler sections is leaking. The last time I checked, these seals were not available. I do suggest you remove the jacket from the boiler & try to locate the leak. If the leak is where I suspect, you are looking at a new boiler.

Old 12-13-07, 08:47 AM
Z
repairs

Ok folks...GOOD NEWS !!!

NIce ending to a possible sob story...
WEIL Mc LAIN came thru with flying colors!!!
Have just had a brand new boiler installed...unit= free of charge, just had to sweat up installation charges...but now can? get 25-30 years of use!

Moral of story: this company stands behind there products....can definatly reccomend there products.
Seems..pre 1997, this unit a WTGO-4 DID have a weak spot..literaly....they seemed to crack just above the hinge of door, and now- since, have made mods to casting...hope this will do the trick?

Zurcher
[ i do have another post somewhere about my LEAKING boiler! ]

Old 12-13-07, 11:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Weil-McLain/ Warranty

I am quite surprised but glad to hear they honored the warranty for you. I have had nothing but bad luck with Weil-McLain warranties & that's why I stopped dealing with them.

I am a bit confused by your post regarding model numbers. You mention the P-368-WT (3[?] section, Grey in color) and the WTGO-4 (4 section, yellow in color). Which did you have?

Old 12-13-07, 12:46 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Grady View Post
I am a bit confused by your post regarding model numbers. You mention the P-368-WT (3[?] section, Grey in color) and the WTGO-4 (4 section, yellow in color). Which did you have?

Hi Grady!!! I had to reread the posts three times to figure there are TWO different posters and TWO different boilers being talked about!! The second OP had another thread open regarding his boiler, and chimed in on this one!

Pete

Old 12-13-07, 03:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks Pete

After looking at the names I see what you mean. Unusual to have such a short thread & two people with the same problem in the same brand but two different models of equipment.