Old FULFLO filter Bowl removal

Old 10-26-07, 07:51 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old FULFLO filter Bowl removal

Can anyone help me get the bowl off an old FULFLO FB4 filter? The filter is installed right out of the oil tank. It has a small hex nut (bleeder) into a larger hex bolt in the middle of the top of the filter. When I look into the filter with the larger HEX nut removed I can see what looks like a threaded rod, I have attempted to unscrew the whole bowl using an automotive oil filter wrench, no avail. I have also tried to fit a deep socket over the threaded rod but can't find the correct size to fit in the hole and catch a nut in there. Any help is appreciated.

Old 10-26-07, 11:43 AM
W
I figured out how to get the bowl off!

With the big hex nut removed I hit the bowl with a rubber mallet and it poped right off. It must have been stuck on by the gasket.

Sorry for the wasted post!

Originally Posted by Wildwood
Can anyone help me get the bowl off an old FULFLO FB4 filter? The filter is installed right out of the oil tank. It has a small hex nut (bleeder) into a larger hex bolt in the middle of the top of the filter. When I look into the filter with the larger HEX nut removed I can see what looks like a threaded rod, I have attempted to unscrew the whole bowl using an automotive oil filter wrench, no avail. I have also tried to fit a deep socket over the threaded rod but can't find the correct size to fit in the hole and catch a nut in there. Any help is appreciated.

Old 10-26-07, 01:39 PM
A
Try not to bang anything on the oil filters, it might cause something to leak. What you can do next time is take a flat head screw driver and put it between the filter container and the top piece then twist(or lift) the screw driver. It will pop off. The problem with hitting it on a old tank(which is what it sounds like you might have)is that you have a good chance of breaking something, especially the pieces between the tank and the valve.

Also, when you tighten up the nut, make sure you are holding the filter so that when your wrench is going one way, push the other way with your hand. Not too hard, just enough so the wrench doesn't cause the filter pipes to bend. If you don't do this, you have a higher change of the pipe breaking off the tank.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: