heatloss 100,000 btu witch boiler do i get

Old 10-27-07, 03:48 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
heatloss 100,000 btu witch boiler do i get

i used the heatloss program from slant fin and says i need 115,000btu. i have a 3300 sqft house. i need oil burner with 60 gallon indirect water tank. i was recommended 4 section peerless boiler with riello burner and argo switch. this sound good 5400$ installed. i have 4 zones plus water tank is 5 zones.

Old 10-27-07, 04:36 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
is this a good setup for the money? is there a more effecent setup? i want to get the best for my money i was thinking about installing my self. i did the boiler in my last house it was gas so i under stood it a little better. i can handle the plumbing ni problem am i capable os installing oil burner my self?

Old 10-27-07, 05:52 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Sounds like a decent price to me... only you can answer the question if you are capable of installing yourself. Do you have combustion test equipment ? If not, then even if you do install it yourself, better make sure you can get someone out there to adjust the burner and test it for proper combustion when you are done. You can't just install it, plug it in and go with an oil burner. It ...MUST... be adjusted first! (in fact the same is true with gas)

Old 10-27-07, 08:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Peerless

Which model Peerless? If it is the WBV series, I do not suggest using that model in a cold start application.

A far better choice would be one of the European design three pass boilers. Some examples are: Buderus, Crown's CT series, Burnham's MPO, Biasi, & Viessman (sp?).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: