hydro zone not working

Old 11-07-07, 05:10 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hydro zone not working

I have a hydro system ( heating and cooling) we use a burnham oil burner and have 5 zones one of the zones stopped working, i have replaced the circulator pump, i can hear the pump working but for some reason i don't thing water is circulating ( air handler doesn't turn on and pipes are not hot) i hve atempeted to bleed the system but still no luck, any ideias?
thanks

Old 11-07-07, 05:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Hydro-air

Do you have a circulator for each zone or zone valves with one or two circulators? If zone valves, are you sure the valve for the system in question is opening?

Old 11-07-07, 05:49 PM
K
Originally Posted by Grady
Do you have a circulator for each zone or zone valves with one or two circulators? If zone valves, are you sure the valve for the system in question is opening?
i have 1 circulator per zone ( it was working fine last year)

Old 11-07-07, 06:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Zone

Presuming you have separate check valves, external to the circulator, try opening the check for the troublesome zone. It is possible the valve is stuck. Sometimes a firm tap on the side with a hammer will free a stuck flow check.
CAUTION: These flow checks are usually cast iron. Don't wail on it. Just a good firm rap.

If my friend the hammer doesn't help, does the coil have a bleeder on it? Usually they do. Try bleeding from there.

Old 11-07-07, 06:32 PM
K
Originally Posted by Grady
Presuming you have separate check valves, external to the circulator, try opening the check for the troublesome zone. It is possible the valve is stuck. Sometimes a firm tap on the side with a hammer will free a stuck flow check.
CAUTION: These flow checks are usually cast iron. Don't wail on it. Just a good firm rap.

If my friend the hammer doesn't help, does the coil have a bleeder on it? Usually they do. Try bleeding from there.
no there is no separate check valves the 5 pumps are connected to a relay box that controls the pumps , i can ear the pump working but the water does not circulate, at least the pipes aren't getting real hot like the other zones, thus not triggering the aquasted to turn on the air handler, i think that i might not be bleeding that zone the wright way...

Old 11-08-07, 05:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Pictures

We love pictures. They make it so much easier to explain how to do what to what. Shots of the boiler & nearby piping as well as the hot water coil in the air handler would be most helpful. You can post them on photobucket.com or similar site & provide a link here.

Old 11-08-07, 06:01 PM
Received 66 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Is the circulator pumping in the proper direction? Air in the system? Same size as what was removed?

Old 11-10-07, 06:38 AM
K
problem fixed

Originally Posted by rbeck
Is the circulator pumping in the proper direction? Air in the system? Same size as what was removed?
air in the system, the funny thing is the other zones worked fine.
Well thank you for your help

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: