Wells-McCain oil furnace question Ignighter isnt working

Old 11-23-07, 06:44 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wells-McCain oil furnace question Ignighter isnt working

Is there anyway to fiqure what is wrong with this,it has a beckmen pump on it..
I have cleaned it out real good,changed the nozzle with a working one and all it does is smoke in the chamber then trips the reset on the grey box....(same reset if you run out of oil it trips it) I thought i was out of oil but it turns out its not ignighting the fuel oil.

Any help. THANKS!!

Mike

Last edited by Stressfactor03; 11-23-07 at 06:45 PM. Reason: wanted instant email forgot to check it
Old 11-23-07, 09:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Stressfactor

It's time to make the call to a pro. That "smoke" you are seeing is actually oil being sprayed into the chamber.

DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON ANY MORE.

When the tech gets there, be sure to tell him or her how many times you have pressed the reset button. His/her safety and that of yourself & your family could depend being truthful.

Old 11-24-07, 04:32 AM
S
Originally Posted by Grady
It's time to make the call to a pro. That "smoke" you are seeing is actually oil being sprayed into the chamber.

DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON ANY MORE.

When the tech gets there, be sure to tell him or her how many times you have pressed the reset button. His/her safety and that of yourself & your family could depend being truthful.
Thanks Grady! Doing that right now!

Mike

Old 11-24-07, 08:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Stressfactor

When the tech gets done, please post the results. If you would, also include kind of a blow by blow as to how things went. If it goes as I expect, I hope to be able to save your reply & be able to refer others to it.

Thanks

Old 11-24-07, 08:45 AM
S
Again thanks Grady!
i eneded up doing the work myself, but i did call a place around here that handles these types of furnaces (or oil biolers for that matter)
turns out the transformer was bad and why i was flooding the boiler LOL.............
i took it off and had it checked ( I am assumming any place that handles that sort thing can help you out).
they helped me out and also had the same transformer so it was a direct wire in like the old one.......
I read online some where last night if you flood the boiler and fire it up dont turn it off just let it burn off the extra fuel oil in there.it didnt go bang or pop! it just put alot of black smoke out the chimmney.........
Infact i need to go and check it to see that it is cycling properly.......
with the rates they charged i had to take it into my own hands to fix. Being an auto Mech really does help out.!
Thank you for your input.

Mike

Old 11-24-07, 08:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You got lucky

Sometimes people get carried away with the reset button & push it, push it, push it. If all you got was some black smoke, you dodged a bullet. Boilers can take a lot more overfiring than can warm air furnaces. Once things settle down, open the peep hole & observe the flame. It should be light yellow.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: