Installing a forced hot water heat

Old 11-24-07, 05:02 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Installing a forced hot water heat

Where can I get info on installing hot water heat myself and estimating number of baseboard elements needed?

Old 11-24-07, 05:07 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Start out with Hydronic Explorer from Slant-Fin:

HE-II

How to install baseboard

This software is pretty easy to use and will give you room by room figures that you can use to calculate how much b/b you need in each.

These PDF files tell a lot about how to design the heating loops and system piping:

Zoning Made Easy

Hydro-Trol Design Manual

How Hydronic System Components Really Work

Are you talking about installing a BOILER yourself ? If so, most of us will recommend that you hire a contractor to do that part of the job. If you do opt to do that yourself, you must be aware that due to insurance reasons you would be wise to pull permits from the town for the job and have all inspections performed before turning it on. If you have a problem that involves a possible fault of the boiler installation and the insurance company finds out you installed it without permits and inspection, you are outta luck...

Also, I don't think ANY of the manufacturers will warranty their equipment if not installed by a heating contractor.

Old 11-24-07, 05:44 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hats off to ya.

I want to thank you for your imput and I will look into the 3 post you sent. Also your imput on the safty factors involved when trying something. I intend to check the depth of the water before diving in. Again I thank you.
Originally Posted by NJ Trooper
Start out with Hydronic Explorer from Slant-Fin:

HE-II

How to install baseboard

This software is pretty easy to use and will give you room by room figures that you can use to calculate how much b/b you need in each.

These PDF files tell a lot about how to design the heating loops and system piping:

Zoning Made Easy

Hydro-Trol Design Manual

How Hydronic System Components Really Work

Are you talking about installing a BOILER yourself ? If so, most of us will recommend that you hire a contractor to do that part of the job. If you do opt to do that yourself, you must be aware that due to insurance reasons you would be wise to pull permits from the town for the job and have all inspections performed before turning it on. If you have a problem that involves a possible fault of the boiler installation and the insurance company finds out you installed it without permits and inspection, you are outta luck...

Also, I don't think ANY of the manufacturers will warranty their equipment if not installed by a heating contractor.

Old 11-24-07, 06:09 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
You are welcome. If you have questions after reading that stuff, feel free to ask !

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: