last room on line is cold

Old 12-05-07, 01:59 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy last room on line is cold

I have gas fired hot water heating. There are 3 zones in the house. The first room on the line gets really warm the second is warmish and the last is really cold. This happens on both the second and third floor. I've been in the house for some 15 years and it has always been somewhat of a problem. my son never really minded the cold room and the third floor room was never really used much except for storage. However My kids are away at school and I have a house mate who is uncomfortable with the temp. And the third floor room is now being used by my daughter as a workspace. My x used to bleed the lines which I am a bit clueless about. But even then those rooms were cold. I has been suggested that the pump is not big enough. Where do I start without spending too much money. How does one find a good plumber. Help!!!!

Old 12-05-07, 04:28 AM
O
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Do you have valves that you can use to adjust flow to separate zones? Restrict the flow to zones near the boiler and allow more flow to further zones.

Old 12-05-07, 04:38 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
It does sound like a problem of not enough flow. Air in the lines can cause similar symptoms, but if it didn't really improve when the X bled them, could be the former...

What kind of pump is installed ?

Can you find a gauge on the boiler that reads PSI (pressure) and temperature ? If so, tell us what the readings are.

Finally, if you want some more detailed info, you could post some pictures of the boiler and all the piping around it on www.photobucket.com (free) and provide a link here. We'll all look at the pics and come up with some helpful suggestions I'm sure!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: