Boilermate problems

Old 12-05-07, 10:53 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Boilermate problems

I have a boilermate WH7Z hooked up to my Peerless Boiler. A total of (3) zones, 2 for heat and the 1 for the Boilermate. The system is about 4 years old and I have had no problems with it other than an oil line problem and replacing a zone valve for the downstairs heat. The other day the hot water in the shower turned cold and didn't heat up. I manually opened the zone valve and the boilermate heated up, I thought it was a bad zone valve so I replaced the valve and still nothing. Installed a new Thermostat and still nothing. It will work if I turn the Thermostat to 5 but then the water is too hot...Any info would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-07, 02:38 AM
Did you read the instructions in the manual for changing the Boilermate thermostat?

A copy of the manual is online.

It sounds like the thermostat isn't fully inserted into the well, thus preventing the thermostat from sensing the water temperature at the warmest point in the tank.

Pete

Old 12-06-07, 08:38 AM
H
Thanks for the quick response. I checked with a plumber, the one who installed the furnace and he was the one who told me about the thermostat. When I put it in I heard it and felt it go to the top....I dont know what else to do

Old 12-06-07, 05:34 PM
Email Amtrol tech support? I just received help from them the other day, they do answer emails. I believe they have a telephone number for tech support as well. www.amtrol.com.

Pete

Old 12-07-07, 09:12 PM
H
Thanks for the info...I called amtrol tech support and he told me about a small hex screw on the thermostat, which you can't see unless you take the thermostat out. I turned it counterclockwise and it works great so far. The only problem was that he had no idea why I had to adjust that on a new thermostat, as long as it doesn't act up again it doesn't matter to me. Thanks again Pete

Old 12-08-07, 11:04 AM
Great! Thanks for posting back what was needed to resolve the problem! I have the same indirect, and wasn't aware of the that adjustment myself.

pete

Old 12-18-07, 09:18 PM
H
Hey Pete,
Just wanted you to know that I went thru all of the work (Changing zone valves, thermostats and adjusting thermostats) for nada. I gutted my upstairs bathroom and when I did so thats when I started to have the problems with my boilermate. I also started to notice that the water out of the cold tap would sometimes come out warm and sometimes almost hot. The problem was when I changed the diverter in the shower I left the test plug in the diverter and didnt replace it with the valve in fear that I would damage it during the sheetrock and tile. The way I figure it is there was an unequal pressure in the hot and cold water lines. I havent had a problem since I put the valve in the diverter. Does it sound like I am in the ballpark on the reasoning???
Thanks again....

Old 12-18-07, 09:33 PM
I guess the problem only existed at the shower head, and not on any of the other faucets? I usually set my thermostat by measuring the temperature of the water coming from the tank, right at the top...

Pete