Reillo wiring diagram for 2 zones w/circulators

Old 12-10-07, 12:40 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Reillo wiring diagram for 2 zones w/circulators

I am finally replacing my old heating system with a lightly used Burnham V8 series hydronic boiler and a Riello 40 burner. Even though it's a couple years old and I'm having to put in a new domestic water coil, the burner and gun cost me a total of $600, so I think I did well.

My system has 2 zones with Taco circulators and the chimney sensor relay. One zone is the main floor baseboards the other zone is the basement baseboards, which are kept low heat most of the time. I have all the goodies on the Reillo, so I can potentially remove the chimney sensor. Should I keep it as is to save on wiring headache?

The burner on/off safety switch is mounted on the front of the boiler (there is also one at the top of the stairs). out of that comes a black, red & white wire to go to the Reillo, wiring to the aquastat, which is complete, and a single set of black and white wires.

The old unit has junction box with power in, connections to the 2 line level thermostats, connection to the chimney relay w/starter switch, connection out to the aquastat, connection out to the Beckett, and 2 connections out to the circulators.

I'm not adding zone relays. I just want to figure out how to use the relay built into the Reillo in combination with the aquastat so that the thermostats will work the circulators and go off when temperature is reached in that zone.

The aquastat is a Honeywell L4081B Dual.

How can I test to determine which set of wires going upstairs is the thermostat and which is the power?

It's cold, the domestic coil in the old unit is leaking and I'm anxious to get this installed.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-07, 09:46 AM
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Was there a coil in the boiler before. The control should be changed to al L8124C. It was only a deal if it is the proper size.

Old 12-10-07, 07:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Riello

There is no relay built into the Riello for circulators.