Bolier making noise

Old 01-03-08, 05:09 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bolier making noise

I have a problem I never had before after I did my tune up. But making a noise. It sounds like a pissing noise as if missing firing. Sounds like it needs a new tip. I replace it. Please any information will be very helpful. Bill

Old 01-03-08, 09:38 PM
OK relax. Tell us what type of boiler you have. Oil fired I presume.

Exactly what did you do and where is the noise coming from?

Charlie

Old 01-04-08, 05:58 AM
E
making noise

oil. Coming out were the brass tip, were the oil shots into the boiler. It seems like the motor maybe the problem.

Old 01-04-08, 11:58 AM
E
boiler problem

I very handy. That what I'm thinking. I there any part that I can replace on the pump are can I replace that may help. I at lease 15 years old are more.

Old 01-04-08, 02:44 PM
E
[QUOTE=empire;1288265]I very handy. That what I'm thinking. Is there any part that I can replace on the pump are can I replace that may help. It's at lease 15 years old are more. Thy are no cheap. But do hold up.

Old 01-05-08, 07:34 AM
It is so difficult to diagnose a problem based on a noise that anyone describes.

What one person says is hissing may sound like something else to another. It is easier to advise you if you tell us what the boiler is DOING or NOT DOING than how it sounds. Then you can add in how it sounds and tell us where you think the noise is coming from.

We need to know when the last time the boiler was serviced. What type of boiler it is. The fuel type. Whether it is hot water or steam, or FHA furnace. There are so many variables and you have to tell us more.

We want to help but we do not have enough information to give you the correct advice.

A GOOD boiler technician can come and SEE the problem and fix it if you'd rather. Remember, we need alot of information about what the boiler is doing.

Let us know, please.

Good luck!

Charlie

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: