new hydronic gas boiler (Problems) copper pipe design (Air) & boiler noises

Old 01-28-08, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
new hydronic gas boiler (Problems) copper pipe design (Air) & boiler noises

I just recently had a new system installed into my house. The system includes two (2) zones first floor and second floor. The First floor is not having any problems. The first floor is on one big loop. As for the second floor the hvac mech. installed the supply line as follows? Off supply from boiler, Then taco valve, then shut off valve, then he ran a seperate loop for the second floor (front) of the house and another loop for the (back) of the house second floor. The way he did this was not as a tee, but the second floor (front) branches off first and then the (back) second floor line is after. I hope that makes sense? The other problem (several) in my opinion is both second floor loops on the same zone does not have one continuous loop and returns back to the boiler. They both loop around to there required heating area and instead of having the loop come back down to the boiler for return the copper lines (loop) all come back over the top of the supply and then returns back to the boiler the same route as the supply did. The second part of the loop that is (back) of the house is my master bedroom. It makes a lot of noise it does not heat like the rest of the house. Copper lines are pressed up against studs. also he did not read the blue prints properly and did not realized that I was putting in a his and hers vanity in the master bathroom and as a result, this was were the second floor (back supply and return was started. He had to drill holes into my vanity. Not to mention he just left the pipes exposed and said he was not a carpenter, it was my responsibility to get them convered. So based on what I explained to the best of my ability does this sound like a design flaw with the loops. I have tried several times to purge the system. Everytime I get air out and it seems to work for about 3 days. Then they start to swoosh again. No bleeders installed at all. Just a supervent on top of expansion tank. Oh yea a 15 psi expansion instead of 30 psi now that I installed. I paid over 18,000.00 to him. He does not return my phone calls and will not come look at it. I have copys of the work to be done and sign by both of us. Now for the other dilemma. My utica boiler is making a knocking noise after shutting down? what is the problem and is it serious? Is it affecting the system or the boiler. noises started after attempting to purge air from second floor?? Gas boiler hot water system. automatic water feeder (Taco). (2)Taco Zones Valves. seperate hot water heater. I built a two story addition off the back of a two story (four square) house built around late 1920's early 1930's outside of philadelphia. Demo all lath and plaster, new plumbing, new central air system, new electrical, insullated house with all new windows. (Wow) I did the demo myself. 2 weeks work. I need advise please on my options. Or is this system ok the way it is. About 2100 square feet of living space. let me know if more info needed?? thanks for listening. (feel better already)

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-08, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
take some pictures and post them to photobucket.com or similar hosting site and provide links.