radiator removal

Old 02-09-08, 07:51 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
radiator removal

Hi All-
i was wondering if someone could help out by posting or linking to a step-by-step guide for removal of a radiator. long and short: i am redoing a bathroom and have to get the rad out to retile the floor and take care of the wall behind it. here are the specs. it on the second floor, old arco rad, about 2'x3'x6" (not very big). it has a on/off valve (not thermostatic) on the input, no lockshield on the output. i believe it's on a single line system, attached to an old burnham boiler in the basement. it runs water, not steam. from what i gather, i need to drain the whole system in order to remove. but, if someone could provide more info or a link, i would really appreciate it. this piece of the project has been jamming me up for a few weeks now.
thanks a bunch.

Old 02-09-08, 08:09 AM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
I don't think you'll find a step by step ... there's just too many variables to consider.

You don't need to drain the "whole" system if it's on the top floor, only enough that the water level is below where you are working.

I don't know what a 'lockshield' is ?

If you take a few pictures of the radiator showing the pipes, and post them on www.photobucket.com (free) and post a link here, someone will be much better able to provide good answers.

Old 02-09-08, 01:55 PM
P
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks NJTrooper.

Unfortunately, my camera is on the fritz, so i can't post pics. but i found one online that looks just like it, except the on/off valve (to the left, below) on mine is on the right instead of left.

on newer models, or at least those in the UK, there is a lockshield valve on the output. as you may know, there's alot of different information out there on the web...hence some confusion on my end.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: