TriancoGas Boiler fault

Old 03-04-08, 09:56 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
TriancoGas Boiler fault

Hi all,

I'd be very grateful of some advise from you knowledgeable lads and lassies.

I have a TriancoGas 45/60 rs gas system boiler installed at my home. It has a constant pilot light and honeywell v4600c gas valve (i think).

The boiler will sit happily with the pilot light ignited all day long, but once the main burner ignites to heat the system up the hole thing shuts down. An audible click can be heard as something spring like is released to close the gas valve shut. This happens roughly 20 - 30 seconds after the main burner ignites. I can then relight the pilot light and it happens all over again.

I suspected that there may be a blockage somewhere in the system causing the boiler to over heat but found nothing.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-08, 11:33 AM
Wink

Can you tell if its the pilot T/C to the valve or is it the 24V power to the controls that shuts it off. Like the limit control or other?? Is the pilot good and clean?? Good burn on it??

Old 03-04-08, 11:59 AM
J
The pilot light is strong. The thermocouple is well into the flame and glows bright red after the boiler is lit and during the period while the burner is running.

I believe that the boiler has an interrupter device on the thermocouple circuit as the thermocouple wire runs into a small box under the boiler. from there a wire runs into the gas valve. There is a second sensor wire that runs from a stat on the hot water pipe. Could it be that this second stat is cutting the thermocouple's voltage and causing the fault? Is there a way of testing this?

I'm sorry but I don't know how to test if it's the thermocouple or the 24v that shutting the valve off.

Thanks for the your help