Conversion Kit for Vaillant Boiler

Old 04-10-08, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Conversion Kit for Vaillant Boiler

My current Vaillant Boiler Model F70 W50 PP uses fuel oil. With prices near $4.00 per qallon I'd like to know if anyone can tell me if there is a natural gas conversion kit for this boiler. Has to be something here to help the pain of fuel oil prices.

Thank you,

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-08, 06:31 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Do a search for Kerr Boilers. (902)-254-3838 Call and check with them as they are the new Vaillant boiler in the US. Just a branded boiler. Some boiler can be converted to gas and some can not depending on certification.
If the boiler was not certified for gas and is converted you loose the UL listing. With no UL listing, if there is an issue which involves an insurance claim, they do not have to pay.

Old 04-11-08, 05:22 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Is your model number correct ? Isn't it F70 W-5 PP ? not 50 ?

Beckett AFG burner ?

How's it run ? Have you had the seals replaced on the flanges at the flue side yet ? (where the pipes connect)

I'm not sure I would even consider converting that thing to gas... it's a 25 year old boiler ... and like rbeck sed, probably not rated for it via UL ...

I bet you and I are the only ones still running that boiler in the whole country... (except mine's a 6 section, but same thing)...

I say go for a new boiler. Look at the MOD-CON gas boilers.