Boiler Installation Questions

Old 10-23-08, 03:12 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GeeVee, sorry for the late reply. I don't check this site much anymore since my project wound down. Nonetheless here are my thoughts:

When I was planning a do-it-yourself installation of my boiler my intent was to follow the Munchkin schematics to the letter. I ended up hiring an professional who suggested that the valves would last longer operating in the cooler temperatures of the return side. I went with his recommendation

I do have 2 questions for Xiphias or one of the other experts on this board:

#1 My system operates with a pair of Grundfos 15-58 circulators. My installer set them both to the low speed but didn't give me much rationale for the choice. The system seems to be working well but I'd like to know if they're set right. This is a 4 zone system with the longest run at about 90 feet.

#2 The differential pressure bypass valve was installed at the out of the box setting of 6 (head). I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

Many thanks for all the help. You guys are tremendous!

Tom

Old 10-24-08, 05:48 PM
NJT
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Tom,

Are the rooms at the end of the zone noticeably or uncomfortably cooler than those at the beginning of the zones ?

If so, try the medium speed...

As long as the heating at the end of the zones is OK, leave them on low and save a bit of electric. Since you are running a condenser, you don't really care how cool the return is, as long as you are comfortable. Kicking the speed up a notch will move the water faster, and the water at the end of the line should be a bit warmer...

Did they leave the instruction sheet for the diff P valve ? that should tell ya how to set it up. I doubt that the 'out of box' setting is correct.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: