Toe Kick Heater Sizing?

Old 08-23-08, 02:37 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toe Kick Heater Sizing?

We are remodeling our kitchen and need all the walls for additional cabinet space. Wondering what size toe kick heater to install. The kitchen is 19' x 14' with 8' ceilings, the only exterior wall is 1 19 foot wall. I am going to insulate that wall with R13 insulation and am also putting in energy efficient windows (2). The windows are 3' x 5' and 4' x 5'. The boiler is a Buderus and presently there is about 10 ft of baseboard on an interior wall in the kitchen. We are located outside of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. My plan was to put one toe kick under a cabinet in the middle of the exterior wall. Is that enough and if so what size would I install. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-08, 03:04 PM
F
Received 34 Votes on 26 Posts
This is not the correct way to figure your needs but 10 feet of baseboard convector will release approximately 6,000 BTUs per hour with 180 degree F. water supplied. You could use a toe space heater that was rated at 6,000 BTUs per hour and be in the ballpark.

Old 08-23-08, 03:49 PM
C
What would be the correct way to determine what size I need? I looked at beacon morris website but they talk about gallons per minute and I don't know how to measure that. Thanks for the reply.

Old 11-29-08, 04:57 PM
Z
You need to do a heatloss calculation