Help me identify this Weil-McLain Boiler...

Old 10-26-08, 06:10 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Help me identify this Weil-McLain Boiler...

I need help further identifying this Weil-McLain oil-fired Boiler... I think it is a Model 68. It was bought by previous owner used and somewhat refurbished and it DID NOT have any W-M info plates. It looks to have had the Burner replaced sometime in the early 2000's...

I'd like to verify if this is a Model 68 Boiler and what is the rated capacity of this boiler.

I have also started another thread (to keep bandwidth down for 56k modem guys) with other pics with some comments, and I would appreciate any advice to make this a BETTER BOILER with better efficiency... It is presently being cleaned out before winter duty...

Rmpl

Old 10-27-08, 03:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 30 Posts
Boiler Model

If you will provide dimensions (including jacket), I may be able to determine the series. I don't like the looks of that rust between sections 1 & 2. Is that a former or current leak?

Old 10-27-08, 08:06 PM
R
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
I don't like the looks of that rust between sections 1 & 2. Is that a former or current leak?
Yeah, it was from a leak OF SORTS...

A mouse or two made a nice cozy nest in the fiberglass insulation and pee'ed on my boiler in both places with the bright red rust...

No leak... they just took a leak.

I'm glad I took the cover off for service as he also had a bunch of seeds from the bird feeder stash in there as well. It would have made for a nice burning aroma when I fired it up...

I'll get some measurments up soon...

Rmpl

Old 10-27-08, 09:15 PM
Received 14 Votes on 10 Posts
I would replace that burned Romex with MC.

Old 10-28-08, 08:07 AM
R
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I would replace that burned Romex with MC.
Already on the list during the service tomorrow...

I know that some of this install done by who knows who whenever in the past is a bit "non-standard" practice, which is why I have these threads to help me find the flaws and fix them...

Rmpl

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: