aquastat L8148e DUNKIRK BOILER

Old 10-28-08, 10:19 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
aquastat L8148e DUNKIRK BOILER

I have a dunkirk boiler pwb-5d , and an aquastat L8148e.
The flame rollout sensor grounded out against burner.
From a melted wire. In caused the switching relay to click on and off rapidly.I fixed the wire on the rollout sensor. Tried to turn on boiler and nothing happened. So I thought the honeywell ignition control module model number s8610u was bad so I replaced it . ( BUT THAT WASN'T BROKE ) Boiler still did not work. So I checked the aquastat.And I checked the voltage going in I had 115 volts, so I then checked the step down transformer and it is putting out 24 volts, checked the switching relay by jumping the tv and t , terminals and it worked,I then checked the voltage on the b1 and b2 and I only have 3 volts . B1 and b2 send the the 24 volt power to the control module so I jumped the 24 volts directly from the transformer to the s8610u module and the boiler turned on. 1.MY QUESTION IS THE AQUASTAT BAD ?
2. or Is there anything else I can do?
3.Can I safely run the 24 volts directly to the module?
4. IS THERE A WAY JUST TO REPAIR THE VOLTS ON THE AQUASTAT IF IT IS BROKEN?
5.IS THERE ANY FURTHER TESTING I CAN DO?
My dampener is controlled by the aquastat not the the s8610u. I have never posted before .
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED ,
ANNA

Old 10-29-08, 09:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 30 Posts
Aquastat

FOR TESTING ONLY: Turn the temperature adjustment wheel on the aquastat as low as it will go then as high as it will go. Did you hear any kind of slight click? With it turned all the way up, do you now get 24v @ B1-B2?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: