Adjusting Settings Honeywell R8182D

Old 11-24-08, 07:41 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Adjusting Settings Honeywell R8182D

I have a Honeywell R8182D that controls my heat and hot water. I would like to increase the hot water temperature just a little. Its sufficiently hot now for showers but If I try to fill the tub it dosent quite make it. Right now it is at; High=180 ; Low= 160 and the Diff is at the minimum setting.

Old 11-24-08, 08:27 PM
L
I have my oil fired boiler w/domestic hot water coil set at 200/180. Are you tempering the water when filling the tub or are you turning the tub/shower valve all the way to hot and letting it run full bore? If you are trying to fill the tub without tempering the water the boiler/coil probably can't keep up.

Old 11-24-08, 08:36 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Man... 200/180 ... that's hot ... you said you had a tempering valve, yes ? Even 160 can be dangerous... it don't take long to get severly burned with 160 water !

Jamma ... try increasing the diff ... you will get a slightly longer burner cycle, and the water will get a little hotter before the burner shuts down ...

and try just filling the tub more slowly ... like lights said, don't run it 'full bore' ... if the water moves through the coil in the boiler more slowly, it will get hotter ...

Old 11-24-08, 08:49 PM
L
Sorry for the confusion, I just re-read my post. I have the high/low limits on the triple aquastat set at 200/180 but this control has always been around 10 degrees off and the temp. gauge mounted on the supply header shows the heating water leaving the boiler at 190 degrees. I have well water which seems to destroy mixing valves so I did away with that and use a gate valve to manually mix cold water into my domestic hot water which comes out of the tap at around 125 degrees.

Old 11-25-08, 02:53 PM
NJT
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Gotcha ... I'm on well also ... lotsa iron ... check yer Ph ...

I do get concerned when ppl say they have the low on 160 and then say they have no mixing at all ... cuz 160 hot water is no joke... that'll burn ya good in about a half a second ...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: