Help, need ideas for new aquastat

Old 11-25-08, 09:13 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help, need ideas for new aquastat

I have a problem with my Honeywell L600a1145 which is being used as low limit and circulator control. Regardless of what the water temperature is, it always acts like the water temp is 140f. So if I adjust the temperature setting below the differential it breaks R-B and makes R-W to fire the boiler. When I adjust the temperature setting above 140f it makes R-B and breaks R-W to run the pump. I am thinking it is the sensor and not the unit that has gone bad. I have the L8148E for high limit control. It doesn't seem like a good system to me so I am hesitant to replace it. I am looking for a way to have the zone valves directly control the pump and hi/low limit switches to control the burner firing. I am looking for ideas on what equipment I will need. If that is not possible then any idea on where I can find the part number I will need to replace? I hate the Honeywell site, I can't figure anything out there. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-08, 03:14 AM
If you're not getting your domestic HW from the boiler, turn the low limit down all the way. You can also look through theGrainger Industrial Supply catalog for HW, White Rogers, and others...

Old 11-27-08, 03:49 AM
T
8148E is for a gas boiler/low voltage limit is this what you have? 8148A is for oil boiler/high voltage limt. You must state more info on your equiptment for an accurate answer. Mabye you should get a professional to look at this if you dont have an accurate understanding of how these are SUPPOSED to work, just because your unit is put together one way does not mean it is correct. BE CAREFUL! A 6006 control can be used as a limit and a pump control if wired correctly and in conjunction with other controls that are proper, If you dont have the proper controls to go with it someone may have put it in and it will still work as a limit OR a pump control but not both. This sounds like the situation you have with boiler shutting off and pump coming on at same time let me know.TZ