outdoor wood furnace

Old 12-04-08, 05:26 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
outdoor wood furnace

I am hooking up an outdoor wood furnace and I need to know how to hook up my 2 3 way zone valves for my forced air in my home. I have 2 lines coming from the stove one is hot and the other is the return, coming into the house going to plate exchanger with hot first then out and up to air handler in attic to first zone valve then return back down to 2nd air handler. I have the first one hooked up but having trouble with 2nd one, it is going to be hooked up to the return line going back to furnace, any suggestions on how to do this or any diagrams for me to look at for this

thanks, kelly

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-08, 04:08 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Doesn't the installation manual recommend piping the wood boiler in parallel with the existing boiler ? and to run constant circulation between the woody and the oiler/gasser ?

If it does, then do what the manual says ... is there an online PDF file of the boiler you are installing that we can look at ?

If you pipe in parallel, you can keep the oiler/gasser up to temperature at all times when the woody is firing ... then, the controls on the o/g boiler remain unchanged with the possible exception of a burner disable circuit ... AND a "wild zone" ... where you will dump your excess heat if the woody gets too hot...

So, at least let us know the model boiler you are installing, and what you are connecting to.

By the way, don't scan and post the manual if it's copyrighted... a diagram or two might be considered 'fair use' ...