what willa small nozzle do?can you go to 200 degrees?

Old 12-06-08, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
what willa small nozzle do?can you go to 200 degrees?

what would a smaller nozzle do for the oil burner? i see when i got my new boiler i have a 1gph 1.25 and 1.5gph. my boiler is way over sized am i better off with the smaller nozzle?

why dont peopleset the boiler temp over 185? can you go hotter?does it cause more condensaiton in the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-08, 06:25 PM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Tony, c'mon now, think about it for a second ... how could it being HOTTER cause MORE CONDENSATION? hmmmm?

And haven't you asked about the schnozzles a bunch of times already? If the manufacturer says it's OK to fire at several different rates, then it's OK ... just be sure you know what the implications are...

Hey, is it snowing there yet?

Old 12-07-08, 01:02 AM
we had about 1/4inch of snow tonight thts it though i dont see us getting anymore on the island. can i run my boiler hotter? i was thinking that if i run he boiler hotter and it drops in temputure quicker it might build up more condensation?

i asked another time but know one gave me good advice?

my baseboards seem liei there not hot enough so i was thinking of running more temputure. my boiler gets hot quicklk so i figured why not get as much heat as i can while its running anyways.

and now the nozzle will it benfit me to run a smaller nozzle?

im not sure i also herd the is a spread differnce? if i have to big of a boiler what i should i do run the smallest nozzle?

Old 12-07-08, 10:43 AM
NJT
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
We got about a half inch ... melted now mostly.

i asked another time but know one gave me good advice?
What do you consider 'good advice' ?

I'm pretty sure we told ya the same thing I just told ya.

If you downfire the boiler based on manufacturers recommendations, you should be OK ... just make sure that you understand what yer doing. For example, when you downfire, your flue gas temp is going to go down. Make sure it's not too low. Should you do it? IT DEPENDS... it always does.

Running a higher temperature is probably one way to increase the cost of heating your home.

You say the baseboards "seem liei there not hot enough". Compared to what? That's kinda a general statement to make... "my car seems like it should go faster" ... "the sky seems like it should be bluer" ...

Maybe they just need to have the dust vacuumed out of them. What are the temperatures? ... ya can't get good advice if you don't ask good questions.

We can't tell you if you should run the smallest nozzle... because the change has to be made, and then combustion measurements made, and then a decision made based on the data. Ya can't just say yes or no ... it's an experiment. Heck, LIFE is an experiment!

Old 12-07-08, 11:19 AM
Make and model of the boiler and burner please.
What are the settings on the "Aquastat". This is what controls the temperature in the baseboards.
You have to be careful when "Downsizing" as this leads to sooting.

Last edited by Icehouse; 12-07-08 at 11:26 AM. Reason: add information