hot water boiler help needed

Old 12-13-08, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hot water boiler help needed

been working on hot water boiler sytem, its been sitting for some time. I got 2 new pumps for it. new gas valve.
it now lights and feels like it pumps thru at least one zone, but it will only heat up once. then will not refire the burners?
any ideas as to what to look for? Or what I might need.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-08, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by tecate87 View Post
been working on hot water boiler sytem, its been sitting for some time. I got 2 new pumps for it. new gas valve.
it now lights and feels like it pumps thru at least one zone, but it will only heat up once. then will not refire the burners?
any ideas as to what to look for? Or what I might need.
thermostat? also make sure that water is going inside the boiler. It is not good for the system if there is no water.

clean the boiler? there is a way to do it, but I do not know how.

Old 12-13-08, 06:08 PM
so you have gas/oil?? boiler with 2 ciculators,and 2 zone stats that control the circulators for each zone.the boiler is working on a temperature limit control mounted on the boiler sensing the water within.if it is an older boiler it might be seperate from the stat/circulator call for heat and maintain the water inside that boiler with that unit mounted temperature control.settings vary on it try 140F-180F see if you can get a better cycle to cover the zones.....Model and Make oil or gas back here will help to determine the controls and sequence of operation.like mentioned make sure your water makeup is active and the expansion tank is in place(drain it if possible) the space bleed all the radiators with the heat/circulators off.if you hear air bleeding off the vents of those radiators then you have an automatic pressure regulator feeding city water in at 12lbs cold to the boiler.

Old 12-15-08, 01:50 PM
boiler

the boiler type is a Dunkirk Radiator corp. gas, water boiler
Intermitten ignition.
Model FS3 18700041

it only seems to work when its completely cold, and will only run 1 cycle then shut off.
the temp guage setting is set to 200 max.
its getting to about 180.