bleed valve replacement for cast iron radiators


Old 12-15-08, 06:49 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
bleed valve replacement for cast iron radiators

well, hopefully this is an easy question.

I got two " broken bleed valves" I want to replace in the summer. Anyone know where I can buy them? I'm in the Quebec area. I would buy off the net too ?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-08, 09:17 AM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 158
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
They are a common item, years ago they were nicknamed "coin vent" because a small coin could be used in the slot in place of a screw driver.

Todays coin vents besides the screwdriver slot, many but not all have square stems to use a "coin vent key" which is a little t-handle tool, that many heating men have on their key rings.

There are some out there that have "leather" disc's that vent automatically if they dry out, but if venting is only occasional, I don't like them personally due to possibilities of leaking or failure.

Search coin vent and you will find plenty.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: